Soul Revival: A 40 Days' Journey to the Feet of Christ

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 37 The Word of God


Day 37

The Word of God

“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”
(Matthew 24:35)

The grass withers, the flower fades,
      But the word of our God stands forever.”  (Isaiah 40:8)

The Word of God is the 2nd Treasure

     The Word of God is the 2nd treasure that you must guard with your life.

My dear beloved, nothing that you see will last forever.  All will be burned with fire. The only thing that will last forever is the Word of God.  It is time, my dear beloved, to take your eyes, heart, and mind from that which is perishing, and fix them on that which will last forever: the Word of God!  Beloved, if faith is the ticket to heaven, the Word of God is the currency we use to acquire it.

“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”  (Romans 10:17)

Now, my dear beloved, if we are really serious about going to heaven, and the ticket to go to heaven is faith, and faith comes by hearing the Word of God, then it is about time for us to lay hold of the Word of God, locking it in our hearts unto death.  For, whether we are alive or dead, the Word remains a living Word in us, for God’s Word is eternal.  So whether we are alive or dead, the Word locked in our souls will respond to the voice of the Lord when He comes in clouds and we shall be raised by the power of His Holy Spirit.  Hallelujah!  Glory be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen!

Dust off your Bible, and open the pages of Light that will illuminate your way into eternity.  Read the Word of God, my dear beloved.  Even as you feed your physical body day and night, even so feed your inner man by studying the Word of God day and night.  Read two or three times a day, according to your hunger for God, and add prayer with each Bible study as you invite the Holy Spirit to teach you.  You do not need to be super intelligent, that is a doctor, or a theologian, or a pastor, or a bishop, or a reverend in order to understand the Word of God.  All you need is hunger for God, the desire to understand the Word of God for yourself--not to preach to others, but for yourself.  If you humble yourself onto your knees, and ask God to teach you through the Holy Spirit, I tell you the truth, God is faithful.  He will come down wherever you are and God will abide in you and be with you and teach you daily.  And by the time God is done with you, you will speak as it is written:

“Oh, how I love Your law!
         It is my meditation all the day.
  You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies;
         For they are ever with me.
  I have more understanding than all my teachers,
         For Your testimonies are my meditation.
  I understand more than the ancients,
         Because I keep Your precepts.
  I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
         That I may keep Your word.
  I have not departed from Your judgments,
         For You Yourself have taught me.
  How sweet are Your words to my taste,
         Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
  Through Your precepts I get understanding;
         Therefore I hate every false way.”  (Psalm 119:97-104)

My dear beloved, the Word of God is not for the wise according to the flesh, but for the simple of heart.  If you search the Word of God diligently you will find God and He will teach you Himself, and when God is done with you, you will have more understanding than all your teachers!  Hallelujah! Amen!

Therefore, let us eat and drink the Word of God, for the Word of God is food indeed for the soul and drink indeed for the Spirit.  Even as Christ Jesus our Lord gave a good testimony before Satan:  

“But He answered and said, ‘It is written, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”’”
(Matthew 4:4)

THE WORD IS FOOD:

“And Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.’”  (John 6:35)

My dear beloved, Jesus Christ our Lord is the bread of life, the spiritual food for our soul.  The Scripture tells us that Jesus is the Word of God:

“Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.  His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.”   (Revelation 19:11-13)

Now Jesus Christ our Lord is the eternal Word of God.  This very Word became flesh:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)

“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
(John 1:14)

Now the same Word that became flesh is commanding us:

“Then Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.’”   (John 6:53-55)

This is a demand of total dependency on Him.  Just as a branch that is not connected to the tree cannot produce fruit, because it is not connected to the source that gives it life, even so, God has given life to the world through Jesus Christ, which is God’s true Vine.

And we thank God that His true Vine is not like the natural vine which only accommodates its natural branches, and when a branch is broken off, it cannot be reconnected.  We thank God that His Vine is supernatural; not only can a branch be reconnected after it has been broken off, but even branches that are not natural branches of His Vine can also be grafted in, as long as the branch is desiring to be connected to the Vine. Hallelujah!  Glory be to God for His supernatural Vine.  Amen!

After Christ made this commandment of total dependency on Him, many of His disciples were confused:  “How can He say we must eat His flesh and drink His blood?” they asked themselves.  And many followed Him no longer:

“From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.”   (John 6:66)

But we thank You, oh Lord Jesus, for explaining to us what it means:

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.”  (John 6: 63)

Now, my beloved, the words of Christ Jesus our Lord are written in the Scriptures for our sake, that we may eat of them and have eternal life.

“God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds.”  (Hebrews 1:1-2)

Now, if you want to hear from God, His word is written in the Bible.  We thank God for pastors, bishops, prophets, reverends, and those who minister to us.  May God bless them. However, God is speaking to all of us by His Son, and His Son is the Word of God.  Therefore God is speaking to all of us by the Bible which is the Word of God.  Amen!
Therefore, do not just wait for that still small voice.  That still small voice will come when God can trust you with His written Word.  For if you do not treasure His written word, the Bible, why would God trust you with that still small voice?

Let us therefore treasure the Word of God and keep it in our hearts and lock it in our hearts and never, ever depart from it.  For the Word of God is a treasure indeed, a treasure to be desired more than anything, more than silver and gold, and even more than your necessary food:

“I have not departed from the commandment of His lips;
      I have treasured the words of His mouth
      More than my necessary food.”  (Job 23:12)

“More to be desired are they than gold,
         Yea, than much fine gold;
         Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.”  (Psalm 19:10)

My dear beloved, everything that we need is in the Word of God.  All we must do is to search for it:

For direction:

 “Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.”  (Psalm 119:105)

For success:

“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”  (Joshua 1:8)

For protection:

“You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.”  (Psalm 119:114)




For victory over sin:

“Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” (Psalm 119:11)

For wisdom:

“The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.”   (Psalm 19:7)

For perfect peace:

“You will keep him in perfect peace,
      whose mind is stayed on You,
      Because he trusts in You.”  (Isaiah 26:3)

For healing:

“He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”   (Psalm 107:20)

“When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick.”   (Matthew 8:16)

“But He was wounded for our transgressions,
      He was bruised for our iniquities;
      the chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
      and by His stripes we are healed.”   (Isaiah 53:5)

And everything else we need, my dear beloved, we will find it in the Word of God.

Finally, my dear beloved, search the Scriptures for yourself.  Read, read again prayerfully, and read yet again.  The Scriptures will give you wisdom and will direct your steps; therefore meditate, eat, and drink the Word of God day and night, and let His word dwell richly in your heart!

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”  (Colossians 3:16)

Let us guard the Word of God in our hearts with our lives.  For the Word of God is eternal.  There is nothing like it, and there will never be anything like it!  The Word of God improves lives; strengthens hearts;  heals people; repairs homes; fills souls, spirits, and bodies; motivates the discouraged; gives hope; makes weak people strong; makes worried people find peace; makes confused people find answers; makes intelligent people grow wiser; and makes a fool gain wisdom.  Hallelujah! Praise the LORD!  Give glory to Him Who alone is Eternal and Wise.  Amen!

MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE WORD OF GOD GRANTS ETERNAL LIFE!

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”  (John 5:24)

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.  Amen!

Meditation:  Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.

Prayer points:  LORD, please give me wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of Your Word.  Please teach me Your Word, that I may understand Your Word according to Your will.  Holy Spirit, please teach me and help me to understand the Word of God.  I pray in Jesus’ name.  Amen!

Commitment:  I commit myself from today onward, by the grace of God, to search and study the Word of God for myself, and to allow the Holy Spirit to teach me, that I may understand the perfect will of God for my life, through Christ who strengthens me.   Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment