Soul Revival: A 40 Days' Journey to the Feet of Christ

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 3 Meekness (Gentleness)

                                                                   Day 3

Meekness (Gentleness)


Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.”
(Matthew 5:5)

Meekness is the 3rd step

Meekness is the third step that marks a believer’s birth of a new spirit.
To be meek is to be bowed down, to be gentle.  And this is clearly manifested in the life of Christ Jesus our Lord, who is our perfect example.

 “…But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
        Who committed no sin,
      nor was deceit found in His mouth;
   who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself  to Him who judges righteously.”
 (1 Peter 2:20-23)
And again:
“He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
      Yet He opened not His mouth;
      He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
      And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
      So He opened not His mouth.”  (Isaiah 53:7)

Today, now, this very hour, the Lord Jesus Christ is inviting us:

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”  (Matthew 11:28-29)






Do not allow this invitation to pass you by today.   Yes, today is the right time.  Yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.  Today and even right now is all you have.   Surrender your life to the Lord Jesus and testify that God indeed is good.

“ … Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”  (2 Corinthians 6:2)

Please hear God’s voice TODAY.  Tomorrow may be too late!

“While it is said: today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts…”  (Hebrews 3:15)

“For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”  (Romans 10:10)

You can open your heart now by offering this prayer meaningfully:

Dear God,
I believe You love me.
I believe with all my heart that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God,
that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and that God raised Him from the dead.
I come now before Your throne of grace and confess that I am a sinner.
Please forgive all my sins in the name of Jesus Christ, and cleanse me of all unrighteousness with the blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ.
I repent and confess all my sins, and I promise to forsake all my sins by Your grace.
I believe all my sins are forgiven in Jesus’ name.
I now ask Jesus to come into my heart.
I hereby confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal Savior.
I hereby break any covenant or agreement I have made with the devil or any of his agents, knowingly or unknowingly. I break it in the name of Jesus.
I believe that I am free, and I accept Jesus’ promise of eternal life.
Now I ask Jesus to come into my life as my Lord and Savior.
Please help me to live for Christ alone from this day forward.
In Jesus’ name. Amen!


Meekness (gentleness) is a fruit of the Spirit.  So only those who are born of water and the Spirit can bear this kind of fruit:

“You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit,
but a bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.”  (Matthew 7:16-18)
                                                                                                                                                                                             
So unless you are born again of water and the Spirit, you cannot be truly gentle, for gentleness is a result of your conversion from the old man (flesh “bad tree”) into the new Spirit (spiritual “good tree”) and unless you repent from within your heart, turn away from your evil ways, and turn to the living God with all your heart, mind, and soul, you cannot be truly gentle.   Not only that, if you are not meek, you will not inherit the earth in the Kingdom of God, for Scripture says:

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.”  (Matthew 5:5)

And again:

“Jesus answered, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Do not marvel that I said to you, “You must be born again.”’”  (John 3:5-7)

 It is time for us to repent from the heart and start bearing fruit of worthy repentance.  You are probably wondering why your relationships are not successful, whether these are relationships with your family, (mother, father, brother, sister, grandparents, husband, wife or children), or your colleagues, your boss, people you meet on the street.  Do you wonder why your relationships are not working out?   The answer is simple:  You are not being gentle to them because if you were gentle to them, you would be able to be patient with them.  You would try to understand them; listen to their problems; be kind, respectful, and polite to them; to forgive them; and when they do evil to you, you would still pray for them and do good to them.  Then the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and mind through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen!
“Life is a field.  You sow evil, you reap evil; you sow good, you reap good.” (R.amos Talaya)

The Lord Jesus commands us:

“Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and Prophets.” (Matthew 7:12)

Now those who are strong in the LORD must be gentle at all times to:

·        Those who fall into sin:

“Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”  (Galatians 6:1-2)

And again:

“With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love.”  (Ephesians 4:2)

·        Those who oppose you:

“In humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.”  (2 timothy 2:25-26)

“To speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.”  (Titus 3:2)

Meekness is essential when hearing the Word of God:

 “Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.” (James 1:21)

“Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.”  (James 3:13)
Meekness is very precious in the sight of God:

“Rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.” (1 Peter 3:4)

By being meek, you may save some souls.  People will be converted and drawn to Christ just because of your gentle and loving attitude toward them.  Let us, therefore, be gentle to everyone everywhere we go as good ambassadors of Christ Jesus our Lord, representing the Truth and the goodness of God.  Let people see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven, through Christ Jesus our Lord!  Amen!

Finally brethren:

“… A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient.”  (2 Timothy 2:24)

The grace of our Lord Jesus be with your spirit. Amen!


Meditation:  I am an ambassador of heaven on earth.  God expects me to be gentle to everyone, all the time, good or bad.

Prayer points:  LORD please give me a gentle heart.  Please fill my heart with meekness, patience, and humility.  Please work in me and through me for Your glory.  Please teach me, oh my God, to be gentle and lowly in heart.  For I ask in Jesus’ name.  Amen!

Commitment: Because You, Oh Lord Jesus, are gentle and lowly in heart toward me, I also commit myself to learn, by Your grace, to be gentle to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment